Having pimples can be an embarrassing and frustrating experience. They can appear on your face, chest, back, and even shoulders, and can be difficult to get rid of. Fortunately, plenty of natural remedies can help you clear up those pesky pimples and restore your skin to its natural beauty. In this article, we will discuss, “how to get rid of pimples”
The main reason behind pimples
Before knowing “how to get rid of pimples”, you need to know what cause pimple. So, pimples are a common skin problem that can affect individuals of any age, gender, or skin type. They are caused by a variety of factors, including hormones, stress, genetics, and skin care products. The main reason behind pimples is a buildup of bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells that clog the pores, resulting in inflammation and infection.
- Hormonal fluctuations are one of the most common causes of pimples. During puberty, hormones such as testosterone and estrogen increase, leading to an increase in oil production. Due to this pores become blocked which leads to the formation of pimples. Hormonal imbalances can also occur due to stress, and improper medications.
- Stress is another major factor in the formation of pimples. When the body is under stress, it produces more cortisol, a hormone that increases oil production. This can cause the pores to become clogged and lead to the formation of pimples.
- Genetics can also play a role in the development of pimples. Some people are predisposed to developing pimples due to a family history of acne.
- certain skin care products can also contribute to the formation of pimples. Products that are overly harsh or contain irritating ingredients can irritate the skin and cause the pores to become blocked. It is important to use only gentle, non-irritating skin care products to minimize the risk of developing pimples.
In conclusion, the main reason behind pimples is a buildup of bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells that clog the pores, resulting in inflammation and infection. Hormones, stress, genetics, and skin care products can all play a role in the formation of pimples. It is important to take steps to reduce stress and use gentle, non-irritating skin care products to minimize the risk of developing pimples.
Top suggestions by experts
- Change your diet – Eating a balanced diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins can help keep your skin clear. Eating too much sugar and processed foods can cause inflammation and lead to breakouts.
- Use natural topical treatments – Natural topical treatments like tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar can help reduce inflammation and dry out pimples. Tea tree oil is particularly effective in fighting bacteria that can cause acne. You can directly apply these treatments to the affected areas of your face.
- Wash your face regularly – Washing your face twice a day can help reduce oil and bacteria on your skin. Use a gentle cleanser that won’t dry out your skin.
- Use steam – Steam can help open up clogged pores and reduce inflammation. Boil some fresh water and pour it into a medium size bowl. Cover your complete head with a clean towel and lean over the bowl so that you can inhale the steam. Perform this activity for five to ten minutes.
- Exfoliate – Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells and open up clogged pores. Use a gentle scrub or a homemade mixture of baking soda and water. Gently massage the scrub onto your skin and rinse with warm water.
- Use ice – Applying ice to the affected areas can help reduce inflammation and redness. Wrap a few ice cubes in a cloth and hold it against the skin for a few minutes.
- Avoid touching your face – The bacteria on your fingers can make acne worse. Avoid touching your face and don’t pick at your pimples.
By following these steps, you can get rid of pimples naturally and restore your skin to its natural beauty. Remember to be patient and consistent with your treatment; it may take some time to see results. So keep motivated and try the methods or you can consult a skin specialist.